AUSTIN, Texas (March 8, 2010) - In celebration of the Austin staging of ZACH Theatre’s production of Thornton Wilder’s beloved play OUR TOWN, ZACH Theatre will give away a full wedding to a lucky Central Texas couple – complete with the ceremony and reception. The wedding will take place on the set of OUR TOWN in ZACH’s Nowlin Studio, located at 1426 Toomey Rd., in the heart of Austin on scenic Lady Bird Lake.
Couples are invited to submit a short, two-minute video via YouTube explaining why they are the ideal couple in OUR TOWN to win the Austin-themed wedding. The contest is open to all Central Texas residents, whether they wish to experience their first wedding, renew their vows, or perform a commitment ceremony.
The wedding package will include, but is not limited to:
- A fully decorated private event room
- Personal wedding coordination by Amanda Dudley of Big Day Events
- Wedding officiated by Austin icon Spike Gillespie
- Rehearsal dinner for 15 at Cannoli Joe’s
- Wedding portraits by Meaghan D Photography
- Selected wedding rentals from Premiere Party Central
- Wedding favors from Nuptial Necessities
- Custom wedding cake by Tammie Barnhill
- Custom groom’s cake by Cake,Please!
- Floral Arrangements by Just'in Blooms and Roses
- $500 gift certificate from Unbridaled toward the bride’s wedding dress
- Hair and makeup from Rae Cosmetics
- Photography by Ron Parks Photography and
- $1,000 beverage and bar service credit from Fion
- Reception catered by In Good Taste Catering & Design
- DJ music for the reception by Encore Entertainment
- Thank-you notes or programs courtesy of Dragonfly Designs
- Champagne basket for honeymoon courtesy Twin Liquors
- March 8 – 28: Wedding contest contestants are invited to upload their video (video camera, iPhone, etc.) submissions to their personal YouTube page and send their link to ZACH at email@example.com. Full contest information, instructions and rules are available at http://www.zachtheatre.org/wedding.
- March 29 – April 11: The public votes on ZACH’s web site for their favorite couple.
- April 12: The winner will be announced.
- April 15 – May 23: Dates that are available for the winning couple’s wedding date, which may take place on Sunday evening or any Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday morning/afternoon during the run of OUR TOWN.