Thursday, March 25, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
AUSTIN, Texas (March 8, 2010) - In celebration of the Austin staging of ZACH Theatre’s production of Thornton Wilder’s beloved play OUR TOWN, ZACH Theatre will give away a full wedding to a lucky Central Texas couple – complete with the ceremony and reception. The wedding will take place on the set of OUR TOWN in ZACH’s Nowlin Studio, located at 1426 Toomey Rd., in the heart of Austin on scenic Lady Bird Lake.
Couples are invited to submit a short, two-minute video via YouTube explaining why they are the ideal couple in OUR TOWN to win the Austin-themed wedding. The contest is open to all Central Texas residents, whether they wish to experience their first wedding, renew their vows, or perform a commitment ceremony.
The wedding package will include, but is not limited to:
- A fully decorated private event room
- Personal wedding coordination by Amanda Dudley of Big Day Events
- Wedding officiated by Austin icon Spike Gillespie
- Rehearsal dinner for 15 at Cannoli Joe’s
- Wedding portraits by Meaghan D Photography
- Selected wedding rentals from Premiere Party Central
- Wedding favors from Nuptial Necessities
- Custom wedding cake by Tammie Barnhill
- Custom groom’s cake by Cake,Please!
- Floral Arrangements by Just'in Blooms and Roses
- $500 gift certificate from Unbridaled toward the bride’s wedding dress
- Hair and makeup from Rae Cosmetics
- Photography by Ron Parks Photography and
- $1,000 beverage and bar service credit from Fion
- Reception catered by In Good Taste Catering & Design
- DJ music for the reception by Encore Entertainment
- Thank-you notes or programs courtesy of Dragonfly Designs
- Champagne basket for honeymoon courtesy Twin Liquors
- March 8 – 28: Wedding contest contestants are invited to upload their video (video camera, iPhone, etc.) submissions to their personal YouTube page and send their link to ZACH at email@example.com. Full contest information, instructions and rules are available at http://www.zachtheatre.org/wedding.
- March 29 – April 11: The public votes on ZACH’s web site for their favorite couple.
- April 12: The winner will be announced.
- April 15 – May 23: Dates that are available for the winning couple’s wedding date, which may take place on Sunday evening or any Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday morning/afternoon during the run of OUR TOWN.
Friday, March 12, 2010
So a couple of months ago Austin Monthly wanted to profile me for a piece they were doing about salaries. I said okay-- I think it can be good to talk money and that too many people are weird and secretive when it comes to having that conversation. We went back and forth for a long time. Then came the picture request. I asked them to please send me specs so that Warren could shoot me-- he is usually in charge of profile shots that I use for sundry occasions like book jacket author photo, etc. They dragged their feet. I sent in some photo-- I think it was me in Seattle standing in front of an enormous orange cone (public art imitating construction site).
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Monday, March 8, 2010
We need two-steppers, yes we do!
Would you like to participate in what might be the grandest of all two-steps on the steps of the capitol? Entitled T is for...Two Hundred Two-Steppers on the Steps of the Texas Capitol, this free 30-minute performance will celebrate the two-step's rich cultural history while showcasing local dancers who love and live for the two-step.
Serving as the kick-off event for the 2010 Fusebox Festival, T is for... will be directed by celebrated local choreographer Allison Orr in partnership with award-winning Austin-based composer Graham Reynolds, who will be leading a 15-piece Texas swing orchestra.
The show will run from 6:30-7pm and Stubb's is providing free BBQ!
Would you like to participate? Here are the options:
Show up the day of the show! Show up and dance in the grand finale. Just arrive by 6:30pm and be in the end. Dance your heart out for the grand all-step!
Show up earlier the day of the show! Show up by 4pm on the South Steps of the Capitol and dance in the opening and ending sections. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org:email@example.com> so we can save you a spot. No partner required.
Want to play a bigger role? This is for experienced two-steppers. We will begin weekly rehearsals in mid-March. Email firstname.lastname@example.org:email@example.com> if you are interested and tell us if you have a partner and what kind of dancing you like to do.
The performance will include two-step, western swing, conjunto, spaghetti western-style, and country disco music. We need all kinds of dancers. We hope YOU will be a part!
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Tuesday, March 2, 2010