Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's Here! EPISODE by Popular Culture!





There are about 15,000 things I want to tell you about my son today. These in addition to the 15,000 (million?) things I’ve told over the years. But today I must focus on ONE THING. Today is the day that Henry, recording as Popular Culture, officially releases his first record: EPISODE.

I am so excited I think I might spend a good part of the day weeping. This child of mine has been exposed to music since before he was born. I remember when I was damn near close to nine months pregnant, and I squeezed my ass into a super tight, non-maternity thrift store dress, and Big Red and I went to see Poi Dog Pondering at Mississippi Nights in St. Louis and I danced and danced and danced and danced and I thought the bouncers were going to have a collective breakdown, so worried were they that I was going to go into labor right there. Hen is the product of two music fanatics, and was raised in a music fanatic town. We never pushed music on him, he just took to it, to understate the matter. 



A few weeks ago, I temporarily swapped cars with Henry so I had the old Scion back for a few days, and the Scion always gets CDs stuck in the player. As it happened, Henry had popped in the master of EPISODE and he couldn’t get it out. So I drove around and around and just listened to it cranked up to 11 and, I’m not saying this just because I’m his mom, DAMN THIS RECORD IS SO FINE SO FINE SO FINE!!

I hope you will order a copy today—right now it’s only available digitally but eventually there will be vinyl and CD (I’ll keep you posted). I also would love for you to help me spread the word. If you would share the news with all your music-loving friends, your DJ friends, and, well everybody, I would be so grateful. I mean, I already am so grateful. So I guess what I mean is I WILL BURST WITH GRATITUDE!! Below are some helpful links to assist you in getting the word out.


Oh, one more thing before I share with you some helpful links… Henry had some amazing help making this record. His producer, Kyle Ellison, has been a stunning mentor for years. Melanie at SparrowSongs Music picked it up to distribute. Bob Ludwig mastered the record (BL has worked with Led Zep, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, AC/DC, The Who, etc). And lots and lots of other people came together to make this happen. In a few days, I have a big announcement to make that ties into all of the mentoring and support these folks have given Henry. For now, I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!! 

And, Son? I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

And now, some links for you to share with the world as we get the word out about EPISODE:

Here is a link to the iTunes preview, which – if you have iTunes, you can click to get the digital download.



Here is a link to SparrowSongs Music, where you can listen to Popular Culture’s debut record, EPISODE.



No comments: