Tuesday, October 30, 2012

All The Kids Are Doing It: Welcome to My KIckstarter!



Hello Everyone,
As if I don't ask enough of the six of you, wanting you to read my blog entries all the time and indulge me and whatnot, now I have another favor to ask. The short version of it is this-- I just launched a KickStarter Campaign called Getting to The Maine Event.

The campaign is to help me publish my latest book, The Maine Event, a memoirish road trip saga about a trip I took to Maine in 2011 with Warren. As I mention over at KickStarter, I had toyed with trying to get an agent and go the traditional publishing route. And I even put out a couple of feelers. But after years of being yanked around by NY, you know, I just don't give a flying fuck anymore about trying to score a big contract. I really just want to get this book into the hands of the few, the proud, the six of you who've been indulging me all of these years. And I am a big believer in the GSD School of DIY. (Get Shit Done School of Do It Yourself.)

My dream is to move five hundred copies. Anything beyond that is gravy. Well actually, anything more than four copies sold (because yes, the dogs better each buy a copy if they want to continue living the lifestyle to which they've grown accustomed) is gravy.

Will you please, please, help me spread the word? The campaign runs til November 30, 2012. I intend to be kind of a nice pain in the ass about this until then. You can tell me to shut up at any point. I might not listen, but you can tell me.

Thanks in advance for your help. I admit I feel a little self-indulgent and you know, that's not such a bad thing.

Love,
Spike

No comments: