Friday, August 22, 2008

Why I Love The Internet!

Because it fosters deep, meaningful exchanges between total strangers. For example, I just went to Statesman.com to check on the status of I-35 South. I'm teaching in Round Rock, need to get back to Austin in a timely fashion, and I-35 South has been closed for hours due to a wreck-- a tractor trailer caught on fire. While looking for updates, I found the following exchange of helpful comments from readers:

By ben
August 22, 2008 10:21 AM | Link to this
It looked like a mexican truck to me.

By benisanidiiot
August 22, 2008 10:25 AM | Link to this
Dear Ben, You are a moran. you probably just masterbated.

By Frank
August 22, 2008 10:37 AM | Link to this
At least he didn’t commit two spelling errors in two sentences.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Internet... giving illiterate bigots something to do with their free time. Ha.

kristina b said...

Wait, actually, the spelling error guy was funny (possibly). That picture's been going around the internet for months.