Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Chappy Chanukkah and All That Jazz



No secret that a) I can't stand Christmas and b) I do love the Jewish holidays (no baggage, lots of good food). I'm getting less miserable with each passing Christmas, especially since I started leaving the country just about every December for the past six or seven years. (Next week: Paris here I come.) I remembered today that last year (when I was stuck here courtesy of surgery recovery) I cheered myself up some by making an alternative holiday mix CD. I'm 99% sure I posted this list last year, but let's call it tradition (TRADITION!) I'm posting it again. I must say, upon revisiting this mix, I am quite pleased with myself. Please hold while I give me a big hug. I highly recommend you make this mix for yourself and listen to it good and loud.

Bah! (the mix)
1. Christmas The Who
2. Father Christmas The Kinks
3. Dreidel Erran Baron Cohen
4. Blue Christmas Bright Eyes
5. Please Daddy (Don't Get Drunk This Christmas) The Decemberists
6. Xmas in Jail Asleep at the Wheel
7. Little Drummer Boy Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
8. Driedel, Driedel Meshugga Beach Party
9. Feliz Navidad El Vez
10. Happy Christmas (War Is Over) Neil Diamond*
11. Hanukkah Oh Hanukkah Erran Baron Cohen
12. Do You Hear What I Hear Chaka Khan
13. The Chanukah Song Adam Sandler
14. Fairytale of New York Kirsty MacColl & The Pogues
15. Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem Bright Eyes
16. Dreidel Jingle Punx
17. What a Friend We Have In Jesus Tiny Tim
18. Baby, It's Cold Outside Tom Jones
19. Christmas Time for My Penis The Vandals
20. Heat Miser Lushy
21. Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah (Hora) Brave Combo
22. Don't Shoot Me Santa The Killers
23. Chanuka Jingle Punx
24. White Christmas Stiff Little Fingers
25. You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch Thurl Ravenscroft
26. Silent Night Jingle Punx
27. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) Joey Ramone
*a nice Jewish b-oy!

No comments: