Thursday, June 24, 2010

Coming Right Up-- Great Summer Theatre at Winedale


Hola Seis Amigos!
Well, I ran away to Mexico for awhile (my Austinist post should be up soon, detailing the splendid trip). As is always the case, I run away to relax, I come back to a mountain I can't climb. But even though I'm too busy to write a long post about how magnificent Shakespeare at Winedale is, I do hope you'll believe me. SO worth the drive-- about an hour or so away. The plays happen in this cool old barn. And the whole this is a project that's part of the UT English Department (not Theatre Department)-- it was introduced as a full-immersion way for students to come to know the Bard's work deeply. I've been many times, and I can't wait to go again.

And yes, that picture at the top is from a long ago performance. All the info you need to know is right here.

See ya out there,
Spike

1 comment:

Robert Matney said...

Hey, go with me sometime this summer. I'll be out there bunches.