Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Son: Artiste!

WJ by HMG
You know even if my son didn't have a piece in the show that just opened in the DOMY Books Gallery, I would STILL LOVE DOMY BOOKS! Have you been there? DOMY BOOKS rocks! They have a massive offering of zines, a ton of Taschen, all sorts of beautiful art books, cookery books and craft books-- a lot of stuff you just won't find anywhere else in town. Plus DOMY is LOCAL. Oh, and they have super cool toys.

Anyway, as I was saying, the gallery, which is part of the store, had an opening the other night. The installation is called MONSTER SHOW SIX and 150 artists took that monster theme and ran with it. The results-- see below for some samples-- are spectacular from primitive to childlike to elaborate. Of course, being partial, I have to say I love my son's piece (pictured at the top) the best  He chose to interpret MONSTER as Warren Jeffs, and for his medium he used a six-pack of Modelo, some paint, and his brilliant imagination. And for the art opening he and his lady friend went as... Just Kids. Oh my boy-- such an artiste!

Please go check out the show, which is on til December 8th. Buy some cool books. And buy my son's art! DOMY Books is located at 913 E. Cesar Chavez.









No comments: