Thursday, January 6, 2011

What I'm Doing Saturday-- And YOU SHOULD TOO!



This week for my Austinist column I was talking about how bowled over I am on a regular basis by the endless amazing art offerings in our fine town. One of the best jobs I ever had, before it went away (boo) was the gig I had for JetBlue writing about all the great things there are to do here. Well, just because the job went away doesn't mean the cool stuff has stopped happening. Nor has my enthusiasm for recommending this cool stuff waned.


I was driving the other day listening to KUT when Michael Lee (yay Michael) came on with one of his Arts Eclectic segments. He was interviewing director Jason Neulander, the founder of Salvage Vanguard Theater, about The Intergalactic Nemesis, which is playing for ONE NIGHT ONLY this Saturday at the Long Center.

The show, billed as a Live Action Graphic Novel
played to sold out audiences last year and is being brought back due to popular demand.

I AM SO GOING, PEOPLE! And you should, too!

Instead of trying to explain it to you, check out this trailer you can watch to get an inkling of how amazing this show is going to be. Graham Reynolds on keyboards, Buzz Moran as Foley Artist (FOLEY ARTIST!!) and three actors (playing a whole bunch of characters) are coming together to present a mash up between a comic book and an old time radio show. Plus there are 1250 hand drawn comics that will be projected on a wall. Oh wait, I'm trying to explain it, aren't I?

I cannot believe I get to live in this town where you can't swing a thespian cat without hitting some stage with a spectacular performance occurring upon it. Don't even think about missing this one-- like I said: one night only. Here's where you can get tickets.

See ya there.

No comments: