Friday, March 9, 2012

Leslie Day Proclaimed! I Was There!


So the turnout was pretty sparse when the City Council proclaimed yesterday to be Leslie Day. I chalk this up to the crappy weather, the short notice, and the fact that the proclamation came during rush hour traffic. But those of us who were there had a nice time. I stopped by Electric Ladyland ahead of time and bought twenty tiaras to hand out. Leslie's sister and niece both spoke-- they were overwhelmed by the kindness Austin has extended them and I got all choked up listening to them get all choked up. Oh Austin, I LOVE YOU! And when Leslie's sister said she wished she had a tiara, ta-da! I happened to be able to fulfill that wish. Here are some pictures of the day. There's a memorial on Sunday at 2 pm at Auditorium Shores-- please show up in your finest!











No comments: